Water Filtration Systems
Want to know what we can do for you?
WATER FILTRATION SYSTEMS
Choosing the right water filter system for your property can be a daunting process. There are multiple filtration systems to consider, and some are better at filtering out specific contaminants than others. Whilst some systems are easier to use and maintain, others offer features that make them more effective. It’s important to know what to look for to select the right option for your home.
Tap water with a bad taste or odour may contain contaminants like chlorine, fluoride, and other chemicals. Depending on your water source, it may also contain bacteria and parasites, such as cryptosporidium and giardia, which are common contaminants from sewage and other waste. Visible particles or debris in your tap water are usually the result of rust and sediment, which may have a negative effect to your health if ingested.
Any of the above issues are excellent reasons to install a water filtration system!
Benefits of a Water Filtration System
- A water filter system can improve the taste of your tap by removing contaminants that give unpleasant tastes or smells, such as chlorine and bacteria.
- Because a water filtration system removes bacteria and parasites from your home’s water, you are less likely to ingest contaminants that can cause intestinal and digestive issues.
- If you are currently drinking bottled water, a water filter system will save you significant money in the long term by providing safe, clean drinking water at home.
- Using a water filtration system is environmentally friendly as it reduces the number of plastic bottles sent to the landfills.
- Chemicals in unfiltered tap water can cause soap residue to linger on plates, dishes, counter tops, and other surfaces. Using a filtration system reduces the amount of soap scum in your appliances.
- Unfiltered water can leave chemical deposits behind on your clothing after washing. Filtering the water that feeds your washing machine can help reduce skin irritations and rashes.
TYPES OF WATER FILTRATION SYSTEMS
Whole-house filters are installed at the water main of your home. They can remove rust and sediment, but usually must be paired with another type of filter to get rid of other contaminants.
Under-sink filters are installed beneath the sink, and filter water through a pipe to the system’s own tap. They can usually remove chemicals, heavy metals, bacteria, and parasites.
Tap-mounted filters are installed on an existing tap in the home, so they require no plumbing connections. The contaminants that they filter vary depending on the model, but many can remove chemicals, heavy metals, bacteria, and parasites.
Optimal Filtration System Set Up
You can’t build an efficient water filtration system by just grabbing a few water filter cartridges and putting them in a random order, it will never work that way.
The simplest and most basic water filtration system will be just a carbon block filter, commonly used in water pitchers and faucet filters. This is the ideal setup for a single-stage water system to provide basic water filtration.
An upgrade to this would be a 2-stage filtration system that consists of a sediment filter and a carbon block filter to improve the system lifespan and effectiveness. The most ideal multi-stage water filtration system, for under sink and countertop, should consist of 3 stages as below
- Initial filter
The 1st stage of an ideal water filtration system should be a sediment filter to get rid of large particles such as rust, sand, sediment etc.
Large particles will clog any filter easily and reduce the lifespan significantly, so you need to protect the remaining filters by using a sediment filter in the beginning stage of the water filtration system.
- Main filter
The 2nd stage of an ideal water filtration system should be your core filter, which performs the filtration job according to your water conditions e.g. fluoride filter, sub-micron filter etc.
- Final filter
The 3rd or last stage of an ideal water filtration system should be a carbon block filter to absorb the chlorine, bad taste, odour, chemicals, and other remaining contaminants in water before it reached the tap.
FIND YOUR LOCAL PLUMBING SPECIALIST
BOOK NOW FOR A FAST QUOTE
WE HAVE MORE THAN 63 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE
CALL US AT