Sewer Surgeon : Blocked Drains Solution
A slow or blocked drain can turn into a serious problem. It’s also a nuisance, slowing down your daily chores, leaving unwanted residue behind, and causing all sorts of other problems. As drain issues usually come from an obstruction in the line, a blockage can happen anywhere in the system, at any time. The first step in troubleshooting a slow drain is to determine its location. If all your drains are slow, then you can assume that the blockage is within your home’s sewer line.
Signs of a Blocked Drain
- Water begins to back up out of a sink drain.
- Pools of water form around shower drains.
- Water drains very slowly after forming pools.
- Toilet water bubbles when you run the sink.
- Drains make gurgling sounds after running the washing machine or dishwasher.
- Pools of water form on the floor close to the bathtub or a sink.
- There is a smell of rotting food coming from the kitchen sink area.
- Sewage odors wafting up from one or more drains is a sign of a clogged sewer drain.
How to Clear a Minor Blocked Drain
Here’s how you should try to clear a clogged drain before calling a plumber.
- Turn the faucet on until the sink is partly filled with water. If you have a clogged double kitchen sink, plug one of the drains with a wet rag. If it’s a clogged bathroom sink, be sure to cover the floor waste.
- Start to plunge the open drain with a cup plunger. Work the plunger up and down, then pull it off, and repeat the process a few times.
- Preventative maintenance helps homeowners avoid unwanted and frustrating clogs. This is the easiest way to keep your home plumbing system happy, healthy and clog-free.
When should you call a fully licensed plumber?
One of the biggest causes of problems within your sewer are tree roots. They’ll find those cracks within your pipes and start to infiltrate. They can eventually collapse the pipe or fill it so thick that very little water can get through.
If you think that you may have clogged pipes or blocked drains, then you need to take action quickly to prevent the issue from spiraling out of control and causing unnecessary damage to your property. You need a professional to accurately determine and correct the issue as even seemingly minor problems can indicate a much more severe underlying issue. At Sewer Surgeon, we operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, ensuring we can promptly respond to emergencies to prevent your plumbing issue from becoming increasingly damaging and costly to fix.
Unfortunately, neglected pipes can be lined with years of buildup, from rust and hair to grease and other harsh minerals. This buildup can cause severe pipe damage over time. Regular maintenance from Sewer Surgeon, your plumbing professionals, can save you serious money in the long run by preventing costly repairs or pipe replacements.
Do You Have a Plumbing Emergency?
When your Plumbing’s urgent, call Sewer Surgeon! We are here for all your emergency plumbing and drain concerns.